The CallAir Museum


Located at the Civic Center in Afton, Wyoming, the CallAir Museum commemorates the history of the Call Aircraft Factory founded in 1939 by Reuel Call. CallAir airplanes were designed, developed, and manufactured at Afton from about 1940 to 1970. A prototype airplane was designed and built from 1939 to 1943—the predecessor of the CallAir A-3 cabin plane. In the first years of the 1950s CallAir snow cars were built. By 1955 the A-3 had been converted to an agricultural spray plane—the CallAir A-5. In the early 1960s the CallAir A-9, a larger more powerful version of the A-5, was put into production, followed by the still larger CallAir B-1 in 1968.

The CallAir Foundation is a nonprofit, 501 (c) (3) tax exempt corporation, founded in 1992 by Reuel Call. The Foundation has sponsored the CallAir Museum since its inception. The original home of the museum was a larger hangar building located south of Afton. The building was completed in about 1994. Vintage CallAir A-3 and A-5 airplanes were restored about that time. A CallAir B-1 was subsequently acquired and restored. General historical information was gathered, and a picture gallery of personalities associated with the Call Aircraft Factory was created.

In 2005 the museum moved to its current home in the Afton Civic Center prominently located on North Main Street fronting the Lincoln County Fair Grounds. The Civic Center is jointly owned by Lincoln County and the Town of Afton.

William Call is the president of the Foundation. Glen Call is the Tour Guide Coordinator at the Museum.

© CallAir Foundation 2014

Visit the Town of Afton, website.